Welcome to Marine Court
We are committed to creating great memories and experiences for all our guests. We hope you will find this access information useful and that it helps to make your visit an enjoyable one.
We are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if there is any detail you are looking for that is not covered in the information below, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. And of course, we will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
Some general points on access
- Marine Court was built in the 1930’s
- The Guest House does not have lift access to its bedrooms.
Directions to the hotel
- From the M5, take junction 27 to the A361 and Barnstaple. When you reach Barnstaple, follow signs for Ilfracombe. Drive through the town centre following the A399 onto Hillsborough Rd, Marine Court will be on your left opposite the Thatched Inn.
- If travelling by rail, Barnstaple railway station is 12.4 miles from Ilfracombe, the number 21 bus leaves every 15 minutes from just outside the station.
- Should you require a taxi from Barnstaple railway or bus station (both are a twenty to 30-minute drive) we use a reliable company and would be happy to book them on your behalf.
- Our postcode is EX34 9QQ.
Before you arrive
- Enquiries and reservations may be made online, by phone or email.
When you arrive at Marine Court
- There is a large car park to the side of the Guest House with one space per room, the spaces are numbered and clearly signed “Marine Court Parking Only” CCTV is also in operation.
- The main entrance provides a convenient drop off point and entrance for those on foot.
- Entrance to the front of the Guest House has a slightly raised pavement to the right and is clearly marked with yellow paint.
- We always aim to greet you on arrival and assist with your luggage, which we are happy to deliver direct to your room.
Our Reception area
- Reception area is all on one level on the ground floor.
- The floor is finished with carpet with a door mat at the entrance.
- We are always available to help you check-in, providing arrival is within our check-in times, we can be available outside of these hours with prior notice.
- The main lounge, bar, dining and meeting areas are grouped around reception and the entrances, with a front terrace overlooking the Thatched Inn
- The Bar Lounge is carpeted
- All public areas well are lit and carpeted with motion detector lighting on all stairs and landings.
- Background music can be heard in the Bar and Dining area.
- There is a public toilet on the ground floor, which is easily accessible from reception, lounge, bar and dining area.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light with wood effect none slip flooring
- The 8 bedrooms are located on the first and second floors of the house, which comprise of 2 x Superking, 3 x Double and 3 x King all accessed by one or two flights of stairs with hand rails on each.
- All rooms have flat screen TV
- All rooms vary in decoration are carpeted and are well lit.
- All bedrooms have an en-suite shower room (shower and WC) Taps are mixer taps.
- Shower rooms have white wall tiles and grey tile effect non slip flooring.
- You can see full pictures and full details on these in the Rooms section of our website marinecourthoteldevon.co.uk
- Fire Alarm
- The fire alarm is a high pitched siren and does not have flashing lights.
- Emergency evacuation plans are available in each room. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
- An evacuation procedure can be agreed with guests on arrival.
- Storage for medication and additional luggage is available on request.
We have tried to be as accurate and detailed as possible in our Access Statement but we are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the Guest House. If you feel you have a particular query we have not covered then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are always looking to improve our service to our guests, so please let us know if you have any comments about this access statement. We would welcome any suggestions you may have that would make your stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable.
Tel: 01271 862920
Web Site: www.marinecourthoteldevon.co.uk
Address: Marine Court, Hillsborough Road, Ilfracombe, North Devon EX34 9QQ